- Her thirst for travel
- Her ability to talk to anyone
- Her fearless attitude toward adventure
- Her laugh
- Her strength
- Her resilience
- Her bond with my daughter
- The way she can connect with other people
- Her always super soft skin
- Her sense of humor
- Her motivation
- Her cooking without recipes
- Her wittiness
- Her knowledge about natural remedies
- Her love for zip-up fleece vests… haha
- Her willingness to always kick someone’s ass for me, lucky she has never had to 😉 …yet.
- That she was the first mate on the Nina
- That she raised tigers
- That she can be happy in luxury or a hole in a hill
- Her green thumb
- How when I need her, she is there
- How she is always looking for a way to help others
- How she can whip up a feast in 10 minutes when you think the cupboards are bare
- Her honesty
- That she has everything but needs nothing
- How some of her awesomeness rubbed off onto me
- Her creative side
- Her handmade pottery
- Her beauty, inside and out
- How she bribes my daughter with Jelly Beans
- How she will not put up with crap from anyone, ever
- That I know she always has my back
- How she gets along with my friends
- How forgiving she is
- Her stories, she should write a book – seriously, Ma
- How she listens to what her dreams are telling her
- That she believes in the other side
- The way she dances, arms and all 😉
- That she knows how to sail
- How she can tie knots that will not come undone
- Card night
- Her magnetic personality
- How she loves to have a good time
- How we have the same feet
- How we both have the same wrinkly palms too
- Our shared love for Asian food, Mexican food, Seafood and pretty much all food
- How she supports me and my family
- How she comments on every single blog post of mine
- That even when she lived far away, I still felt close to her
- That she moved back to MN
- Enjoying apps and wine with her
- How she helped my daughter learn her colors
- That she does not give up
- That she respects my opinions
- That she always sides with my husband (jk… dislike!) But I do like that they have a good relationship
- That she kayaks
- That she can rig fishing poles up like a pro
- That she knows how to do almost everything (at least it seems that way to me)
- Her thriftiness
- Her helpfulness with the family
- Her love for animals
- That she is not afraid of bugs, specifically spiders
- That she eats off of tiny plates but will have 5 servings, cracks me up
- That she is comfortable in her own skin
- That she tells it like it is
- Her intuitiveness
- That we have 4 generations of Geminis
- That she was a young mother
- Our tightknit family
- That she kept the subs in the car and occasionally enjoys rap music… grandma
- That she admits her weaknesses
- How she got me interested in homeopathy
- Her generosity
- Her optimism
- Her bluntness
- How I can tell her ANYTHING and I mean anything
- How she pronounces Twitter “Tweeter” and WiFi “WeeFee”
- How handy she is
- Her blue eyes
- That she has friends all over the world
- That her friends are from all different walks of life
- Her wild side
- Her one of a kind qualities
- How she makes hard tasks look so easy
- How on April 27th, 2005 she did not give up
- How at her weakest moment, she was still positive
- How we know firsthand Reiki works
- Our connection
- That we are Gemini’s
- Kisses for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday… remember?
- How good she is at Scrabble
- Her hospitality
- Her jerk chicken
- Making gingerbread cookies
- Talking to her every day
- What a hard worker she is
- Her healthy habits
- Her uniqueness
- Our friendship
- That she is my mother
I love you, Mom!
Wow. I love you too!
Your mom sounds like a wonderful person ♥ I’d tell you to be thankful (I wish my mom was half as nice), but it’s clear you already are! 🙂
Yes, she is pretty great. Thank you!
Your ma and I share # 17.
I feel such joy reading this.
I love you ladies!
Aww, thanks! We love you too.
Victoria H (@funmom91) says
This is such an interesting post. Your mom sounds awesome.
Erinn S says
That is special! Fun to read.
Thanks for reading Erinn!
Maria Iemma says
Your Mom must be so happy and proud of you. This is a wonderful testament of your love.
I’m a Minnesota Girl too! I love your post. Very sweet!
Hi Jessica, Thanks for reading. I hope you are getting to enjoy this beautiful day we are having in Minnesota today!
Nicole (@onepunkymama) says
That’s an amazing thoughtful list. I love my mom too, but I don’t know if I could come up with 101 things to say. She must be so proud of you. 🙂
Thanks so much!
Best kid ever!! I am so proud, I wish I could be more like her (you).<3
Lovely post and it sounds like you have a lovely mother.
Wow! I was so amazed to know about the 101 things about your dear mom.
Wow! Your mom must be the most interesting woman in the world. These are some pretty cool facts.
peggy sue says
You are such a sweetheart,
I love your list. You are fortunate to have such an amazing mom.