My preschool teacher friend, Molly, made these adorable candle holders with her students last week. As soon as I saw them I knew I wanted to post them on the blog. They are so easy to make!
- A glass jar of some type. Could be an old baby food jar, a canning jar or any other used glass jar.
- Mod Podge – gloss finish
- Paint brushes or foam brushes
- Tissue paper of various colors, cut into pieces
- Optional: Ribbon, stickers, glitter glue
- Have your child cut or rip the tissue paper into pieces (the size depends on the size of the jar you are using).
- Paint Mod Podge onto the jar and place the tissue paper over the wet area.
- Cover entire jar with tissue paper pieces. Create overlaps with the tissue paper.
- Once jar is covered, thinly coat the tissue paper with Mod Podge and let dry.
- Optional final touches: Tie a ribbon around the jar, add stickers or add shimmer by painting on glitter glue.
- So simple and so adorable. Use a standard tea light candle or a flame-less candle to illuminate!
What is the best Mother’s Day gift you have ever received or given?